Friday, February 18, 2011

Win Disneys Fantasia on Blue Ray and DVD

I cant imagine how... or why..... but I now have that stupid Saturday night at the movies song stuck in my head.
If you are anything like me... so now, will you.
Sorry bout that.

When the Midwife and I were younger, we thought that could have quite possibly, have been the Vinniest song we had ever heard.

Words from my childhood dictionary--Vinny,  Pronounced Vin- ee and Vinniest, was a word we had invented.
It was a slight rip off of Saint Vincent De Paul, or Vinnies, and It was created one Saturday afternoon,
 when my mother would drag us around from auction house to op shop to garage sale, searching for vintage furniture.
My sister and I would pick up many ghastly figurines or fabrics, and cringe. 
It was used to describe anything cheesy,  displeasing to the eye, or any cringe worthy behaviour from another individual.... think warm brown and orange  or... Liquorice all sorts...
or this pose, commonly known as the Ahoy Captain......

Nicked the pic from this guy... murderbydavid
Vineeeeeeee.
We used it with gusto in hopes it would catch on.
It didn't.

Vintage takes on a new meaning for me these days.
*love*

Lets be honest though......
There are somethings that should never be brought back.........




Ever.

Then there are some that are, beyond all logic are... and certainly shouldn't.....

Curtain pants anyone?

15 hot fashion buys

Anyone??.........


Then there are the keepers,

The classics...........The ones that never left.....


This one was born in 1940

Rated: G Fantasia Running Time: 125 minutes Fantasia 2000 Running Time: 75 minutes Price: 1 -Disc DVD $39.95 2-Disc Blu-ray Value Pack $49.95
Now available on Blu-ray™

This classic is never out of style,
Did you know that Mickey was voiced by Walt himself in the Sorcerer's Apprentice?

This one captured the attention of Ms 2, for the entire length of the movie!
This is no mean feat.
Using the latest animation techniques, Walt Disney’s original inspiration of eight animated sequences is recaptured in an unforgettable journey of masterful imagery and breathtaking animation.

My Fav bit?
This one is packed full of bonus features.
The  Academy Award® nominated short, Destino
is a must see.
This seven minute short film is a collaboration between Walt Disney himself and Salvador Dali.

You know Dali... the genius behind this one...



A-MAZ-ING.

 Accompanying the short is a feature length documentary, Dali & Disney: A Date with Destino.
Exploring the relationship between Dali and Disney.
Historically entertaining.

To celebrate all things new......

The great folk at Disney gave me one to give to you!

 2-Disc Blu-ray Value Pack $49.95
For your chance to plant your grubbies on one, just leave a comment below.
For Australian Residents Only.

Skite about it on Facebook For one bonus entry
For another
Tell the blue bird to
tweet it to the world-If you are lazy, Tweeters Copy and paste this one
@emmasbrain-I just entered to win a copy of Fantasia http://bit.ly/f9b20M -- get lost, It's mine.

Please leave a separate comment for each to let me know you have done so... and I do check ...
 so look alert.

If you do not have a blogger ID, Just leave your first name and send me a valid email address with your name as the subject so I may contact you!!!!

Winner will be drawn on Friday 25th Feb and will be announced HERE.Good Luck.
Emmaxx




 






Photobucket

15 comments:

Tara @ Our Whirlwind Adventures said...

I've never seen Fantasia, and lately everyone keeps talking about it, so much so that now I want to see it.!!

I am nicking the word vinny. *YOINK* [that's the sound of me nicking the word, if you couldn't tell :)]

That Granny said...

I want the curtain pants..... I love pants made from curtains... So NOT vinnie.....

Samelia's Mum said...

Never seen Fantasia - yes I had a deprived childhood.

Samelia's Mum said...

tweeted @sameliasmum

MrsKellB said...

My two little ones are obsessed with Mickey Mouse. My 1.5 year old calls it 'miniminimini mou' so cute.

MrsKellB said...

I was lazy and used your line for Twitter :)

Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

That model looks like she's brought back a few meals.
I so want to win this, just for the mop and bucket scene.

Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

Tweet tweet!

Caz (The Truth About Mummy) said...

Oh yay - please add me. I'd love a copy of this for my little pinks :)

Caz (The Truth About Mummy) said...

Tweeted :)

Caz (The Truth About Mummy) said...

Facebooked too :)

Michelle said...

oh please please:)

Michelle said...

a I have a tweeted the a link too

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Funniest review on the blogs Emma.
Love to win this for my boys (really me) I love Mickey in his awesome blue hat & robe.

Mumma's Mini Me's - Kym said...

I would love to introduce my daughter to the world of fantasia and the music! She would love the magic and colours.