Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Family Saturday at the Clock.

I found myself on a night out with almost all of my cousins from Dad's side last weekend.
This is an all too rare occurrence. We met at The Clock Hotel in Surry Hills
 There is nothing like being in room full of the same breeding stock....The same sense of humour, The same nose.... It is a little bit like coming home.
(Don't panic Glen.... I really don't have a nose issue... even though you told me it was huge......... In the comments section of this post.....)

The night was fun filled and alcohol fueled... and we left making a pact to have another night... soon, to get together and watch all of the movies from sleepovers past.
Has anyone seen the 80's horror American Gothic?
It's bent.

On a trip to the loo of the Clock Hotel... one of the Cuz Clan discovered a vending machine. Tampax on one side... Pheromone sex wipes the another.... Wipe on sex appeal... Then I wondered...
Did I need it?.... How do they work?



Never one to pass up a blogging opportunity, we decided to conduct a little social experiment.

Now these sex wipes claimed a lot of sensational things..... Firstly they claimed to be the highest quality pheromone wipe.... mmmmkay......
 It also contained a warning. - apparently these wipes can trigger powerful responses.... It also claimed that using the pheromone wipe, gave you a social advantage.....
For a buck.


                                                                   I bought seven.

Back at the table, we cracked them open.....

Gave them a sniff with our genetically identical nostrils........
( and yes... that is the same nail polish I had on at the bloggers conference... it is now chipped and naffed.... Oh so classy.....)
The box smelt like someone at the pheromone factory had wrapped a urinal cake in an alco wipe.
It dint seem promising.


We wiped and fanned the stench at everyone passing by and we waited........
 
 

And waited.... ..... The Midwife resorted to grabbing random strangers to sniff my hair and ask if I smelt sexy.......
Apparently I smelt like an alco wipe and urinal cake....
Epic Fail.

The only one that felt any sexier would have to have been Little Brother.......

I think that may have been the Corona talking.........

Wipe on sex appeal failed to deliver any of the things it promised on the box. In fact, I am confident in saying that smelling like a urinal cake could very well be a social disadvantage.

The Clock Hotel... despite it's solicitation of shonky goods, was a fabulous mash of funkified sports bar meets, comfy catch up bar.

The cousins?
I love relaxing with my family, not only do I not feel like the only weirdo in the room, but I love these people.
Once a year at Christmas is not enough.
I am adding it to the list....
Must... catch ..up.. with... Funky... cousins... way .... more... oft......
It's on the list

Emmaxx

6 comments:

Mrs Woog said...

Love the Clock Hotel.
I also love your social experiments that you blog about. Keep them coming xxx

Miss Pink said...

Hahaha, never heard of them!
But maybe...just maybe you're supposed to wipe them 'down there' incase you have some sort of funky smell happening prior to 'picking up'??

Tara @ Our Whirlwind Adventures said...

Must be the week for hilarious vending machines.
I encountered one in the loo at the club my Mum had her Tafe award ceremony. It contained tampons, pads, more tampons, more pads, some condoms and beige underwear :/

Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

Snap! I've done this experiment! It was in pre-blog days though. There are some tragic photos on my FB page, I'll show ya :P

Photographer Mum said...

I love a good family catch up! Had my siblings over for dinner a few months ago (blogged about it yesterday) and we had a great time catching up. We also get our extended family together every Easter. We rent a big house and cram ourselves in and have heaps of fun. Much merry-making by all!

Fi said...

Sex wipes?!?!?!
Just when you think they can't possibly come up with another lame gimmick.

Thank you so much for doing the research - you've done a great service to the community, hun.

I want to know how a hotel gets conned into having a vending machine like that installed! I mean, wipe on sex appeal...ReALLY???