Sunday, May 15, 2011

EmmasBrain Rocks The P&G House.....

So this week I had one of those blogging moments, that gave me the same feeling singing into an impulse can did when I was 10... Although I still get that feeling now to be perfectly honest, because I still sing into something whenever I feel no one is watching.

The wonderful Brenda, from The Mother Media sent me a rock star like invitation to a secret meeting of the bloggers, a fabulous product launch... the driver will be there to collect you in the morning of the event.....see you there....
My first thought was wooop! Road trip!! Then I wondered who I would be car pooling with.... Upon closer inspection I realised that the invitation stated I would have a private car with a driver.... After I was finished exercising my over inflated sense of self importance, I became sure that the drivers name would be Jeeves, and he would wear a hat and driving gloves...

I don't know why either.

The morning of the event arrived and I received a call from my driver, (whom to my disappointment, name was Chris and not Jeeves)... to tell me he would be out the front in five minutes and he would be waiting for whenever I was ready... I over came my disappointment when I realised that he called me "Mam"... then didn't finish with... "you cant smoke here..... ".....I always wondered what that would be like.

I climbed in the back and did my best to appear graceful.. (I was wearing a dress) and was instantly excited to see the lovely PR Phenomenon Tina Gray... From the second  I had fasted my seat belt.. The excited chatter began and we did not take a breath.. all the way to the P&G House.
Poor Chris... He insisted we stop for a coffee as we were making good time... then he ran out of the car as fast as he could, to fetch it... I am pretty sure he was trying to compose himself... give his ears a break. (By the way.......Chris was not wearing a hat nor driving gloves... then I wondered.... who the hell wears driving gloves then? Why do they even sell them... where exactly is their market?)


 Chris... pretending not to listen....


(How cool do the other drivers look... Like Mafia.... I felt so Soprano's.....)

I walked in... with Tina... and I was so excited to catch up with my blogging people... They are an amazing bunch and I always end up having a great time....We were warmly greeted by the beautiful Shannon Fricke ....We sipped on exotic juices and sat down in front of a scientist... a real one, complete with a white coat...
He wasn't your typical scientist though... The scientist that work for P&G do awesome things like make film clips in the office.........



This was the scientist.... He explained the important role that scent plays, and the scent's connection to the brain... he told us about Ambi-Pur's delectable Air effects  range ....we re payed the favour..... Eden taught him about gangster signs......
I was happy to learn that there was in fact an air freshener for the bathroom that did not just render the loo scented of "crap in a pine tree......"

At one point we were discussing unpleasant garlic odour..... I chose this moment to add that
 the hippies used to use garlic to treat worms... they would pass a clove up into the affected area... Eden replied.... "didn't that hurt?" I said.. "no... the hippies were skilled in alternative medicine" and then everyone chose that moment to shut up.. the room went quiet half way through my rant..... no one told me... so I continued to loudly remark... "You would be amazed at what you can shove up your bum....." ....So that is all that the scientist heard....... Thanks bitches..... I was then punished.. I had to sniff unpleasant odours from various little jars.....

We were then introduced to the amazing Junji Hamano.. He looked amazingly funky in his white pants and mesmerising accent..... Junji is a scent expert.. or as they are called in his field.. a "nose"... I almost told him that I spent a brief employment stint as a "Chicken Boner".... but I thought better of it.. I suspected they already thought I was some kind of sexual deviate.....














Junji took us on a wonderful trip to lavender Fields and antique furniture stores.. all with various scents....
This is what the blogging community looks like when it is trying to describe a scent to put on twitter.....

Brenda and Kim..

Holly, Woog and I were very excited to learn that lunch would now be served... mostly because the arrival of lunch meant wine..... and if that was not enough......we got to watch celebrity chef Peter Kuruvita, fromFlying fish  fame... cook up our eats.....I saw this as a prime opportunity to dig for a reservation... I decided to wait until after he had finished stuffing zuchini flowers with scampi... mmmmmmmm .. oh and until I could think of something classier to say than.... cook up our eats.......



 We of course had to tweet all about it.....Just to make everyone a little bit jealous...

We were then ushered to the secret stuff..... I cant tell you about it.. or I would have to kill you...
I can say though.. That I had a wonderful time, am immensely grateful to our hosts for the invitation and I cant think of many things I would rather do than spend a day with these wonderful blogging people.....

Even if the gorgeous Holly did steal my reservation opportunity....by walking into a glass wall
She is deviously clever.......

Emmaxx.

7 comments:

Be A Fun Mum said...

I can't believe I missed the Holly Glass incidient. Usually it's me who does it! Nice to see you Emma. You're pretty. That's all. xx

Brenda said...

Yours is the best post. No shit. I loves it!

Thanks for rocking the P&G event, my loves.xxx

Miss Pink said...

The scent expert guy? He makes me want to wear 2 perfumes just to confuse the shit out of him and really test his nose!
So...did you score an freebies? You know besides the food and grog!

whatsinemmasbrain said...

We did in fact... A huge basket of products and secrets...*wink wink* xx

edenland said...

Still worried about what happens to the garlic clove after it's killed the worm.

Was a pleasure, seeing you again Emma. I love what's in your brain. xo

Tina Gray {dot} Me said...

Fabulous recap, Miss Emma! It was a pleasure sharing the car with you :) xx

Bronnie said...

For some reason, I've only just seen this review, which is AWESOME. I'm so jealous that I never seem to get invited to any such lovely blogger events. Is it because I live in Queensland? Is it because I am crap?
You are so deserving and treat-worthy of these launches and events, but one day, I dream of being invited to join bloggie royalty such as yourself.
And of having a driver to collect me and get me coffee. xo