Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yay For Mother's Day.....

It is mothers day eve... I am so looking forward to my sleep in that I just can not go to bed...... It is like I want to prolong the joy, Staying up late is half the fun of sleeping in.
My mind tries to trick me into going to bed... I will catch the clock out of the corner of my eye and get a stab of "aghh...look at the time... go to bed!" Then I get a smug feeling of self satisfaction when I realise that I don't have to.

I love that moment in the morning, when my body clock wakes me... the early sunlight filtering through the blinds.. your eyes pleading for five more minutes of closed....for a split second you forget that you don't have to get up... and then it comes... the inner giggle of delight when you remember... heh... I don't have to and you snuggle deeper into the duve....

I know what I am getting for Mother's Day... I know because I bought it myself. Not that I don't get a surprise... but Mr Emma's brain takes the children to get it on Sunday morning while I am sleeping in... It is a win win situation... He gets to put it off until the dying minutes and I get an uninterrupted sleep and a steaming coffee on their return.

Sleeping in when the children are around just never works..... I inevitably end up lying there... pillow wrapped around my head while Ms two rapped her tiny little fist on the bedroom door saying....."time get up..... now" annoyingly just like me.Mr Emma's Brain running up the hallway "shhhhhhhh Mummy's sleeping...."I end up getting up out of guilt and promising myself an afternoon nap that never eventuates.........

I bought myself a copy of My Husband Does The Dishes, written by Kerri Sackville. It is hilarious... I snuck a few chapters and fear I will have finished it by the morning. Kerri does a delightful job at lowering the mothering standard, with Wit and a fantastic sense of humour. I bought a copy for my mum.. and not even because I am a lazy gift buyer... but I know she will appreciate the hilarious honesty.

In Mothers Day spirit.. I thought I would share a few moments of late when My children mate my heart melt......

Groover....  My Mr 12 turned to me recently in the car, and declared that a girl had told him that she had a crush on him....... Emma's brain raced thoughts of...piss off little tart he is a baby... and then... stay calm... he is sharing something very openly with his mum... cherish this!!!!!...
 I said... "Oh.... and what do you think about that?"
He Replied.... "well.... nothing yet... because its her birthday next week and I don't want to have to buy her something before I decide if I like her or not... and she is really bossy so I think that she might just be telling me she likes me because it is her birthday and she wants me to get her something"
I had one of those proud  moments when I knew.... He was going to do Just fine this great boy of mine.......
I said that was very wise and if she really liked him... she would still like him after her birthday... He agreed and then asked for a milkshake. I obliged and called into the chip shop for two frothy chocolates.

Smash... My Mr 6 was getting ready to go out to dinner recently when I instructed him to go and do something with his hair... he has an aversion to haircuts and his gorgeous locks had grown thick around his ears rendering him with what I affectionately call... the helmet haircut. It looks like a hair coloured stack hat, and not the cool kind... but the original stack hat....
He came out of his room with his brothers hair wax and every strand on his helmety head jutting out from all directions..... I explained to him that perhaps his hair was a little long to wear it in that style he emerged again with the top smothered back on his head with more hair wax and the sides jutting out.... I said to him..... "Smash are you looking in the mirror when you do this?" 
 he just shrugged and said... "Nah... I just have a feel for it"..... I couldn't help but tell him that he looked fantastic... he could wear his hair however he wanted...
Why should he care... He is six.

Ms Two our Princess Red Head was in a bit of trouble recently... she refused to put her pajamas on, based on the theory that delaying putting her pajamas on meant delaying bed time.... I was getting really cranky and I shouted..."don't be naughty for mummy!" and she swiped at my face in frustration at not being able to assert her Independence... I grabbed her arm and shouted a little louder..."You Do Not Hit Mummy... Ever now you say Sorry!!"... her bottom lip dropped and she squealed "YOU say sorry for shouting because I love you and you don't shout at my..."
Good enough.... how can you argue with that... I swept up my over tired little princess and we snuggled up in our pajamas...... We agreed that we were both sorry and we were both in love.......

I wouldn't trade my job for sleep ins... but one is defiantly appreciated....

Being a mum today provides us with so many choices... I am thrilled to see the role of mother evolving and changing..... Honest accounts of mother hood filling spots on the shelf next to toddler taming and Jacinta Tynans smug head.........

Happy Mothers Day Bitches!
It's a great time to be a mum.





Emmaxx

4 comments:

Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

Thems some smart kids you've got there xxx

Miss Pink said...

Nawww this totally made me smile

Toushka Lee said...

I like how you roll. My man asked me to write a list of things I wanted for today. Kerri's book was on the list. It did not happen. I will have to go and buy it myself.
Your kids are funny and gorgeous. Miss two made me cry

Trik82 said...

Your kids are Scrumptious!!!! Happy Mothers Day, love reading what's in your brain, always makes me laugh, smile and more often than not nod my head in agreement xox