Friday, June 17, 2011

Nits are the ultimate hair accessory

Pic from HERE

I am going on another blogging perk day on Monday, to get my hair fabulized.. and yes I make up words now.
I am looking forward to it, not that I have not enjoyed being a Ranga, it's just I do miss my blonde...
As it is not my usual hair dresser, and this particular hair dresser is a little bit uber fantastic, I have new hair dresser nerves.

It is resulting in a phsycosomatic itch. I have the worst paranoia about having nits right now.....

Imagine that? I have Images of this super hair dresser, squealing and recoiling in horror...
"I am sorry Emma's brain, Your hair is infested, I cannot work with you.... Get out!"

Apart from making a fantastic blog post I would near Keel with embarrassment.

I have enlisted Bestie and Husband and the Mum half of the Hippies to raid through my tresses looking for lice, They are yet to find anything.
Bestie tells me that it is all in my head, and mum tells me it is because I am using a shampoo packed with SLS and nasty chemicals and if I insist on poisoning myself with them, then I deserve an itchy scalp.
Husband just tells me to get off his pillow.

I am also in desperate need of a hair cut... I was thinking of visiting my usual hair dresser and asking for a little trim, and quietly whispering my Nitophobia and getting her to have a squiz... but then how would I explain that?

"Can you please just give me a teeny vanity trim, not too much, because I am going to another hair dresser far more fabulous than you... Oh but before I go could you comb through my hair looking for parasites, because I would be far too embarrassed if he found them?"

I am going to go and douse myself in Tea Tree, lemon Myrtle oils.... Again...... Wish me luck.

Happy Friday

Emmaxx

11 comments:

Leigh said...

OMG, I am the same atm. Need my hair done badly, but so scared that their might be nits. I am sure I would literally die from the embarrassment. I have had everyone check, and there is nothing there. But it only takes 1..it could be hiding!

Ms Styling You said...

I'm there at 12 ... will I see you? Squeee!

Miss Pink said...

We had a nit note home from school this week. Second in the 6 weeks we've been at this school. Never had one from the old school. Some dirty kid is trying to give me lice via Bluey, i'm sure of it!! Lol.
And you do realise as soon as you mention the words "Nits" everyone scratches their head frantically?

Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

You SO speak my language Emma! My girls seem to get nits a bit, and then I get it. It is just so rank and offensive. After husband looking and looking, neighbours, friends and anyone I came across where there was a good light, NO ONE SAW A THING!

THEN, then, then, my hairdresser came over and did a colour. She couldn't see anything.

Then, then, then a couple of days later I was washing my hair and to my total shame the nits were coloured from the hair dye and just came out. The colour nuked them fabulously and everyone thought I never even had nits.

Although for the purposes of your story I hope it's just in your head! Good luck with the new do and colour!

Amy said...

I had mum check my hair last week because a funny looking see through bug fell on my lap. Thanks now my heads itchy lol

bronnie said...

I hate to say this, but: If the hairdresser is professional, if you have nits they will see them pretty much straight away and then be unable to continue with your hair, because of health laws. It HASN"T happened to me - but I live in fear of it happening. It has happened several times with my daughter. She has the type of hair that attracts nits (very clean and thick), and although we now de-louse her every week and run through the lavender/tea tree oil combination twice a day at least, every time she goes back to school she gets re-infested. There is one family that never acts on the nit notices and they are the kids that reinfest the school. Yet the school say they can't talk to that family directly. Sigh.
Anyway, because I'm so close to her - physically as well as literally _ every time I see a hairdresser I live in fear of them recoiling in disgust!

Veggie Mama said...

gosh you make me laugh, you nit-ridden freak xx

Mich said...

we had a nit note sent home as well this week.

Kellie said...

I need my hair cut too - desperately. I'm totally jealous you get to be fabulized, nits or no nits!

Mrs Woog said...

It has happened to the kids before at a salon. I died. Now I have itchy hair...

Mrs Catch said...

One of my kids got outed with nits at a salon. The hairdresser was really understanding and nice and all. But I still nearly Keeled (as you so nicely put it). I live in dread of it happening again. Good luck!