Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh the things I'd tell you......

I was visited by the Kitchen Fairy over night and I now have the contents of my Brand New Kitchen (Minus the Dishwasher, Oven and Splash Backs) Sitting in what used to be my dining room. I use the words Dining Room very loosely, It was the multi purpose corner, there never was much dining done in there.
It is the corner of the living area that cant be seen from the front door, and according to the lazy housewife manual, that means that I can dump an array of various items that I clearly need.... Don't really have anywhere to put.. or clearly cant be bothered to find anywhere to put and laundry... Dirty?.. Clean? Who knows? It doesn't matter so long as it is not visible to Cable television Salesman, Avon Ladies and Census employees. I will get to it eventually.



My dining/multi purpose room has now transformed into a garage, humming with the delights of the function and organisation that is my New Kitchen.....
In each one of those orderly boxes contains a tiny little piece of my inner Martha Stewart, waiting to be set free... See I locked my inner Martha up long before inside trading ever made it popular.


 

I have come to realise that There are some wonderful surprises that come from renovating your Kitchen.. Like The 50+ boxes that are now sitting in what used to be my dining room are colour coded for assembly....
There is also the little Christmas eve thrill I get when I look amongst the boxes and see little presents like these awaiting my box cutter.......
I seriously had to Nick use this next Picture from Everdure's website, because that thing is SHINE-EY!!!( And I am no Danni Mezza) It looks like a spaceship.  So Shiny... So clean... So easy to keep clean!!!! I clearly know this because I took it out of the box and stared longingly at it... Stroking it's smooth lines ( I may or may not have dribbled a little bit... If you ask Mr Emma's Brain it was dribble... If you ask me... It was water.. I was trying not to sneeze)

All the while I was stroking I was throwing Dirty looks to our old cooker...








Trudy.
She Is still here despite the fact that no one clearly wants her around.....

Sad isn't it?




video



8 comments:

Dorothy said...

OK, the old kitchen is pretty sad. I don't blame you for getting excited...!

The Hand of a Jeanie said...

It is soooo exciting isn't it! I've just renovated mine and I LOVE it, especially my new stove. Oh, and my pendant lights. And my pantry. EVERYTHING. Have just posted some before and after pics if you feel like popping over for a peek.
Have fun unwrapping your "Chrissie" pressies. You won't know yourself.

Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

Can we sing so long farewell?

Kellie said...

I have total kitchen envy. My oven clicker thing doesn't even work anymore so I have to stick my bloody head in with a cigarette lighter.
I cheat death every night.

Miss Pink said...

Does this mean you will start making foodie posts once the new kitchen is all in?
Or...is it just for looking at?
:P
I am seriously envious of your cook top.

boomerang jane said...

Poor Trudy. I know how she feels. A little tired, old & worn and no one pays her any attention anymore. I feel your pain Trudes.

Miss Cinders said...

Serious new kitchen envy happening here. OKay so DISHWASHER envy really. I want one. Bad.

Veggie Mama said...

Sayonara, Trudy!