Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vicks Save the Children LIKE-a-THON!

Last week was a very busy one for WIEB.

Because my life clearly sucks, one of the things I did was attend a luncheon at Centenial Park in Sydney hosted by P&G.

Now because I am obviously too cool, I arrived waaay early, and hung around in the park for a bit.
I will tell you that even the starlings at centennial park are a little bit stuck up, so I wandered around till a few other far cooler bloggers arrived on time, and I went inside.

It was Inside, that I made a new friend.



(ps Nat, your face positioning lessons to avoid double chin in photo's clearly only works for you)

Natalie Bassingthwaighte was delightful and I was very excited to learn that she is almost the same height as me, now I love her for reasons other than her being a fellow shortie.

Making some polite conversation over fruit on a stick, I learned that Natalie returned from a recent trip to Bangladesh, where ... Well it's not often I am moved to tears, so I will share with you her story.



I promised to share these horrific statistics and also to let you know that all you have to do to help is like the FACEBOOKPAGE.

Take a look at your friends list, if you had one dollar to donate to this cause for every friend on your friends list would you do it?

Well you can, just like the page, then ask/beg your friends to do it also, because for every LIKE a $1 donation is made to Save the children campaign.

Save The Children will be the beneficiary of the donations raised from the Vicks Breathe for Life Project and will help to train an additional 1,600 health workers and village doctors who will ensure that a full programme is implemented including:

Prevention:

By reaching an additional 270,000 mothers and caregivers in remote Bangladesh communities, the Vicks Breathe for Life Project aims to increase awareness of the early warning signs of pneumonia in children and provide essential information on preventative techniques.

Diagnosis:

By increasing the number of trained health workers and village doctors, the Vicks Breathe for Life Project will ensure that 135,000 additional children will have access to healthcare within their communities. These health workers and village doctors are critical to diagnosing and treating pneumonia.

Treatment:

The treatment for severe pneumonia is a prompt, full course of antibiotics. Through the Vicks Breathe for Life Project, an additional 75,000 children will be treated for pneumonia through life-saving antibiotics, oxygen and other critical treatment.


That's it! Just like it!
It will only take a few seconds, its free and if enough people do, it will make a huge difference.

I don't often ask you to share things on your Facebook walls, because... Well to be honest it makes me feel like a bit of a toss, but this does not.
This is IMPORTANT people!

Please... Go forth...LIKE and share! Ask others to share!

Use your social media for social good!

Emma.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: