Wednesday, February 5, 2014

There is so much hip hop, all up in this house.



I apologise for yesterday’s… Unpleasantness. I actually went back and took some of the swears out. I know?!? It’s like I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I am still not sleeping well. It seems I am not the only one. For now, I am blaming it on the upcoming super moon. I am a few days away from Tamazzi-ing the shit out of this insomnia. I avoid taking sleeping tablets if I possibly can, because I hate the false sleep feeling I have when I wake up. There is not enough coffee in the world for that shit.

My house is so quiet during the day. So quiet that I can hear a neighbouring dog bark. All. Fucking. Day. I am refraining from yelling out the back door, because the neighbours already think I am to be avoided. Especially after I chased the drunk dude a few houses down back into his house, with no shoes on, finger snapping all over the place, and I don’t want to be ‘That’ Asshole.

The youngest has settled in well to school and STILL likes going every day. Touch Wood. *crotch grab. *Pelvic thrust *snigger.

I was listening to her play with her Skylanders the other evening. She picked one up and said “Yo nothing but a PLAYA.. And I’m the Dee Jaaaayy…” Seriously. WTF. There is too much Hip Hop happening in this house right now.

Speaking of which,  I am currently  listening to HOURS of recorded conversations to  be edited into interview form. I hate the sound of my own voice when it is played back, I am so whiny and high pitched.. I don’t know how Cabbage listens to me all day.

I have also been watching rap battles on you tube and, can I just say.. Umm mum muh maah. I am glad juvenile things like swearing amuse me so much because MY WORD YOUNG MEN!! 

I have to listen to it with headphones on, because some of these swears I didn’t even know existed. They are not for impressionable young minds, but as offensive as they are.. & believe me.. WOAH!...  We Indeed, have some huge writing talent in this country, and one of the biggest things I have learned through these interviews and rap battle footage, is to really own your faults. Know them, accept them, learn to like them so that they can never be used as weaponry against you.

I am off to listen to my own voice again, which is whiny and high pitched and FABULOUS! I will hear myself ask musicians if they believe in Bigfoot and other ridiculous personality type questions.

To amuse myself, I listen for the minute their tone changes when they answer that question, trying to figure out if they just met with a crazy woman who might offer them a lolly and tie them up in my car boot. Heh.


Blogging for 30 days with this fine specimen of a lady.

No comments: